UPS has always be known as a leader in corporate sustainability, green programs and technology, and social responsibility. Here are the specifics with why we (Guided) are down with the brown (UPS):
- Continued decrease in gas emissions from operations and purchased energy, even with an increase in shipping volume.
- Global Forestry initiative to plant more than 1 million trees by the end of 2013.
- Total charitable and United Way contributions of of $97.5MM in 2012.
- 1.8 million volunteer hours donated by UPS employees.
- From Seattle....what what?